GPS apps for the iPhone are life savers. There are many such apps in the AppStore. However, not all of them have what it takes to serve you right. Some free apps are even better than some high cost ones. Use this guide to unearth the 3 best GPS apps you can use on the iPhone:
This free app comes preinstalled on the iPhone. Considering the resources and power that Google has, it comes as no wonder that they have created such an amazing GPS app. If you are more familiar with overhead maps, then this is the easiest app to use. This map helps you see your position relative to the destination. It also gives you directions for walking, driving and using public transportation. You can also choose between street view and map view depending on what you prefer.
Priced at $ 49.99, this downloadable app is among the biggest names in the GPS world. Most other GPS apps are based on the features that TomTom brought into the market. You can enjoy such features as 3-D maps, voice guided navigation assistance and Lane Assistance. The latter uses images to help you choose the lanes to follow when you get to a freeway transition.
TomTom has outdone the rest using this reliable and sturdy GPS app. It provides a model that other brands are yet to challenge. Although, the price is quite steep, this is one solid buy.
Motion X Drive
This GPS app sells at $ 0.99. It is one of the most downloadable apps available. The price tag is quite lenient compared to the others. Once you open it, a beautiful and simple interface will greet your eyes. The wheel displays various search options and comes with easily recognizable icons that you can use for navigational purposes.
Another cool feature you won’t find in other GPS apps is the amazing Wikipedia button. This button gives you directions to, a summary of and links to articles about interesting locations near you. Although this button isn’t helpful when you get lost, it is great for increasing your knowledge about the areas around you.
The app also comes with feature for routing the traffic live. MotionX went into a partnership with INRIX to get the data about traffic incident info and traffic flows. The setting for this feature is ‘off’ by default. Therefore, you need to enable it from the settings so that you can use it.
Simple interface and comprehensive wiki links, easy to search destinations, fast switching between text direction summary and maps all work hand in hand to make this one of the best 3 GPS app for your iPhone.
Overall, each of the apps listed here can get you to your destination in decent time, so long as you don’t miss any step. When you get lost, TomTom is the best app to use because it will reroute you efficiently and quickly without you having to hustle with menus and pressing buttons. Still, the above GPS apps are designed for the practical user meaning you shouldn’t have a hard time downloading one and installing it into your iPhone.
Jumping back into the dating game can be a struggle for a recently divorced man. From the married life to single life can be a difficult transition. Your life as a single man 5-10 years ago may have been very different when compared to your life as a single man in your 40s or 50s. Not only did the dating scene change but after the divorce, you now come with extra baggage and that may include kids, money issues and exes.
When you’ve been married for a long time, you may have neglected yourself. You no longer hangout with your old buddies. You’ve forgotten your hobbies or sports. You’re not in great shape anymore. After the divorce, it’s time you evaluate yourself and reconnect with the “old” you. Perhaps, this will be the time for you to see your old friends and make yourself feel good.
Once you’ve healed, you will be ready to start a new relationship again. If you’re feeling confident and ready to date again after the divorce, then here are helpful tips for divorced men.
1. Meeting women can be stressful so start with internet dating first. Online dating is simple and convenient. Bars and clubs may be an awkward and stressful environment for a recently divorced man. Many people join online dating and you can easily browse through the different profiles of potential dates. Once you’ve exchanged emails and have become familiar with each other, you can then decide to “close” the deal and meet in person.
2. Don’t talk about your ex-wife and your failed marriage. Divorce can leave men resentful towards their ex-wives. However women find complaining men unattractive. Don’t talk about why the marriage failed. Establish a connection with your date by talking about her interest and hobbies. Talk about positive things and how you are ready to begin a close relationship again.
3. Dating is not a therapy. Divorce has its ups and downs. You’ll feel tired, guilty, embarrassed and depressed about the break-up. When you’re dating, don’t use your date as your therapist. Women hate men who are too negative and they may not like to date you if you have an angry and sad attitude. Women like men who are optimistic, strong and fun. Rather than talking about your problems, you can ask about things that matter to her. If your day is not going great, then talk to a friend or learn to de-stress. Be positive when you’re on a date.
You can use 3 mental exercises to zone in on what you want to do. You should do mental toughness exercisesprior to working out or taking on any other difficult task. This will help you maximize your output, especially when you want to work out.
Competitive athletes learn how to zone in using these mental exercises so that they can set themselves apart from the rest of the competition. You can now rely on the same strategies used by athletes to accentuate your mental toughness. This will show you how to zone in so that you can heighten all the benefits of working out on a daily basis.
Following below are the three mental exercises you need to do on a daily basis to get into the zone:
Positive Affirmations before Exercise
Positive thoughts are great for increasing energy levels. This is something you might have noticed in your daily dealings. Whenever you feel negative or sad, you will often be less motivated and have less strength to start your day and get through it.
In the same way, when you tell yourself that you are not as flexible and strong as others are or that you are not in good shape, you will rob yourself of the necessary strength to keep up with your goals. On the other hand, forcing positive thoughts into your mind will create excitement and enthusiasm.
Therefore, you need to start thinking about your unique abilities and skills. If you have strong legs, use them to bike up that steep hill. On the other hand, if your cardiovascular shape is top notch, use it to endure advanced aerobics classes. List down your positive traits that relate to the task you wish to zone in on and think about them before you start out.
The other strategy for mental exercises that you can use, revolves around visualizing success even before you start out. This principle can be applied to all sectors of life. For instance, if you plan on swimming 10 laps, just close your eyes and think about doing this. Picture yourself going through what you need to accomplish and achieving the ultimate goal.
There are many other mental exercises out there. However, none of them will work out if you have negative thoughts in your head. You need to replace these with more positive thoughts and affirmations.
It is challenging to focus on failures and weaknesses. If you start to run and notice that your ankles are hurting, chances are high that you will start running altogether. We all have a natural tendency to focus on failure. However, with the right mental exercises, you will be able to toughen up yourself so that you learn how to avoid negative thoughts consciously. This will ensure that you achieve more in life and in your exercise regime.
The next chance you get to do something perfectly, try rewarding yourself with more positive thoughts. You will notice that the positive thoughts will improve your performance. They will also help you zone in, into what you really want to accomplish. Overall, these 3 mental exercises to zone in will go a long way in helping you accomplish your goals.
The best companies to invest in today depends on their management and profit generation. You have to determine how they move and withstand the stock market’s rollercoaster ride to keep your investment in good shape. Investing is not easy on the heart. Many people find it so hard to put their money in one stock. But, knowing the cards on investing makes your step steady and more founded.
Characteristics of a good company
If you are a newbie in investing, you have to keep your eyes open for the trend of stock market and the characteristics of the company you want to invest in. Here are some pointers on what to look for:
1. Know what you want. The frustration level of one person depends on his own personality. Are you a conservative investor that allows no risks? Or are you a liberated investor who likes challenges and action in the stock market?
2. Volatility in the stock market. Exchange rates and movements in the stock market affect the companies. To know how volatile they are, you have to check their beta coefficient. This is described as a measurement of the stock risks in the market. An average risk is identified as 1. Lower than 1 beta coefficient means the risk is low. Greater than 1 means the risk is very volatile.
3. Price to earnings ratio. If you are choosing between companies under the same industry, you have to look for the (P/E) or the Price to Earnings ratio. When it is low, the company has low value. Otherwise, it enjoys good standing.
4. Foundation. If you already picked a company, know the foundation, goals and achievements. This will add up to the feeling that you are really part of the company.
5. Movement. Familiarize yourself about the movement of the stock market. Ask stock market experts about investing.
Top companies to invest in
Since the recession, the economy is in a full-speed rate of climbing the ladder to good condition. Here are the top ranking companies that can increase your investment:
1. TRW Automotive Holdings. Motor and automotive industry are the second leading industry in the world today. The weapons industry is still number 1. Last 2012, stockholders in this company got 563.3% returns of their investment.
2. Tenneco. This also belongs to automotive parts industry. Last year, they got 501.0% returns of investment.
3. Dillard’s. This is a department store chain the in the US which is fast growing. It owns 330 stores across the country. Their largest shopping mall is in Scottdale, Arizona. Last year’s performance in the stock market was the best. Their investors got 374.1% returns. They are gearing up for new heights this year to maintain, if not, take their performance to a greater level.
Investing in the stock market is making waves today as the economy is moving at a good pace again after the devastating recession. Even, young people are looking on stock holding to secure their future. Studying how the market move and the performances of companies makes your money grow safely.
If it was possible to increase the number of hours in a day, then most of us would have done exactly that. This is because we always have a lot of work to do each day, but the number of hours per day is ever constant – 24 hours. Now, since we have no powers to alter the number of hours, how can we beat the deadlines, considering the fact that more and more work will continue to come in our direction each and every day? The answer is simple, we need to employ certain time management techniques that will allow us to stay focused and organized. If only we can do that, then we are bound to beat all the deadlines no matter what circumstances come our way.
Which is the best approach to use in time management? There are countless, time management tips that can enable us to accomplish what we want. Three best ways to manage the time are:
1. Organize in advance the day’s work
This is the first step that needs to be addressed in order to succeed in time management. A typical approach to plan your day’s work is to take, say 20 minutes, of your time in the evening to plan the next day’s activities. This merely means that you need to come up with things -to-do list of the things you need to accomplish in the next day. This will enable you to stay focused on the day’s work. One major mistake that should be avoided at all costs is being unrealistic. Surely, how can you handle up to 100 tasks in a day? Your things-to-do-list should comprise reasonable items that can easily be executed in a single day. Exaggerating will only contribute to stress and reduced productivity.
2. Avoid all distractions
Stick to your to-do-list. You need to focus your attention on what you had planned for the day. Anything that comes in between should be avoided since they will not only ”eat” your time away, it will also reduce the chances of attaining the goals. Turn off all items, e.g. the email, the phones, that may tempt you to focus elsewhere. Your emphasis should be ‘do the right things’ Spend time on urgent matters.
3. Use your time efficiently
Even if you plan well for your work yet you have no ability to use the time efficiently, then nothing much will be accomplished. You need to maximize the usage of your time while at the same time not compromise the quality of your work. When you sit down or walk, ensure that you get the best out of your sacrifice. It is not enough to be just aware of what to do. If quality work is delivered within the stipulated time, less time will be wasted in trying to fix errors that were overlooked.
In conclusion, even though the three time management tips seem simple; the truth is that they are not as simple as most of us tend to think. They demand courage and determination. However, if everything is taken care of, then there is nothing to worry about since every task will be accomplished.