You can use 3 mental exercises to zone in on what you want to do. You should do mental toughness exercisesprior to working out or taking on any other difficult task. This will help you maximize your output, especially when you want to work out.
Competitive athletes learn how to zone in using these mental exercises so that they can set themselves apart from the rest of the competition. You can now rely on the same strategies used by athletes to accentuate your mental toughness. This will show you how to zone in so that you can heighten all the benefits of working out on a daily basis.
Following below are the three mental exercises you need to do on a daily basis to get into the zone:
Positive Affirmations before Exercise
Positive thoughts are great for increasing energy levels. This is something you might have noticed in your daily dealings. Whenever you feel negative or sad, you will often be less motivated and have less strength to start your day and get through it.
In the same way, when you tell yourself that you are not as flexible and strong as others are or that you are not in good shape, you will rob yourself of the necessary strength to keep up with your goals. On the other hand, forcing positive thoughts into your mind will create excitement and enthusiasm.
Therefore, you need to start thinking about your unique abilities and skills. If you have strong legs, use them to bike up that steep hill. On the other hand, if your cardiovascular shape is top notch, use it to endure advanced aerobics classes. List down your positive traits that relate to the task you wish to zone in on and think about them before you start out.
The other strategy for mental exercises that you can use, revolves around visualizing success even before you start out. This principle can be applied to all sectors of life. For instance, if you plan on swimming 10 laps, just close your eyes and think about doing this. Picture yourself going through what you need to accomplish and achieving the ultimate goal.
There are many other mental exercises out there. However, none of them will work out if you have negative thoughts in your head. You need to replace these with more positive thoughts and affirmations.
It is challenging to focus on failures and weaknesses. If you start to run and notice that your ankles are hurting, chances are high that you will start running altogether. We all have a natural tendency to focus on failure. However, with the right mental exercises, you will be able to toughen up yourself so that you learn how to avoid negative thoughts consciously. This will ensure that you achieve more in life and in your exercise regime.
The next chance you get to do something perfectly, try rewarding yourself with more positive thoughts. You will notice that the positive thoughts will improve your performance. They will also help you zone in, into what you really want to accomplish. Overall, these 3 mental exercises to zone in will go a long way in helping you accomplish your goals.
The best companies to invest in today depends on their management and profit generation. You have to determine how they move and withstand the stock market’s rollercoaster ride to keep your investment in good shape. Investing is not easy on the heart. Many people find it so hard to put their money in one stock. But, knowing the cards on investing makes your step steady and more founded.
Characteristics of a good company
If you are a newbie in investing, you have to keep your eyes open for the trend of stock market and the characteristics of the company you want to invest in. Here are some pointers on what to look for:
1. Know what you want. The frustration level of one person depends on his own personality. Are you a conservative investor that allows no risks? Or are you a liberated investor who likes challenges and action in the stock market?
2. Volatility in the stock market. Exchange rates and movements in the stock market affect the companies. To know how volatile they are, you have to check their beta coefficient. This is described as a measurement of the stock risks in the market. An average risk is identified as 1. Lower than 1 beta coefficient means the risk is low. Greater than 1 means the risk is very volatile.
3. Price to earnings ratio. If you are choosing between companies under the same industry, you have to look for the (P/E) or the Price to Earnings ratio. When it is low, the company has low value. Otherwise, it enjoys good standing.
4. Foundation. If you already picked a company, know the foundation, goals and achievements. This will add up to the feeling that you are really part of the company.
5. Movement. Familiarize yourself about the movement of the stock market. Ask stock market experts about investing.
Top companies to invest in
Since the recession, the economy is in a full-speed rate of climbing the ladder to good condition. Here are the top ranking companies that can increase your investment:
1. TRW Automotive Holdings. Motor and automotive industry are the second leading industry in the world today. The weapons industry is still number 1. Last 2012, stockholders in this company got 563.3% returns of their investment.
2. Tenneco. This also belongs to automotive parts industry. Last year, they got 501.0% returns of investment.
3. Dillard’s. This is a department store chain the in the US which is fast growing. It owns 330 stores across the country. Their largest shopping mall is in Scottdale, Arizona. Last year’s performance in the stock market was the best. Their investors got 374.1% returns. They are gearing up for new heights this year to maintain, if not, take their performance to a greater level.
Investing in the stock market is making waves today as the economy is moving at a good pace again after the devastating recession. Even, young people are looking on stock holding to secure their future. Studying how the market move and the performances of companies makes your money grow safely.
If it was possible to increase the number of hours in a day, then most of us would have done exactly that. This is because we always have a lot of work to do each day, but the number of hours per day is ever constant – 24 hours. Now, since we have no powers to alter the number of hours, how can we beat the deadlines, considering the fact that more and more work will continue to come in our direction each and every day? The answer is simple, we need to employ certain time management techniques that will allow us to stay focused and organized. If only we can do that, then we are bound to beat all the deadlines no matter what circumstances come our way.
Which is the best approach to use in time management? There are countless, time management tips that can enable us to accomplish what we want. Three best ways to manage the time are:
1. Organize in advance the day’s work
This is the first step that needs to be addressed in order to succeed in time management. A typical approach to plan your day’s work is to take, say 20 minutes, of your time in the evening to plan the next day’s activities. This merely means that you need to come up with things -to-do list of the things you need to accomplish in the next day. This will enable you to stay focused on the day’s work. One major mistake that should be avoided at all costs is being unrealistic. Surely, how can you handle up to 100 tasks in a day? Your things-to-do-list should comprise reasonable items that can easily be executed in a single day. Exaggerating will only contribute to stress and reduced productivity.
2. Avoid all distractions
Stick to your to-do-list. You need to focus your attention on what you had planned for the day. Anything that comes in between should be avoided since they will not only ”eat” your time away, it will also reduce the chances of attaining the goals. Turn off all items, e.g. the email, the phones, that may tempt you to focus elsewhere. Your emphasis should be ‘do the right things’ Spend time on urgent matters.
3. Use your time efficiently
Even if you plan well for your work yet you have no ability to use the time efficiently, then nothing much will be accomplished. You need to maximize the usage of your time while at the same time not compromise the quality of your work. When you sit down or walk, ensure that you get the best out of your sacrifice. It is not enough to be just aware of what to do. If quality work is delivered within the stipulated time, less time will be wasted in trying to fix errors that were overlooked.
In conclusion, even though the three time management tips seem simple; the truth is that they are not as simple as most of us tend to think. They demand courage and determination. However, if everything is taken care of, then there is nothing to worry about since every task will be accomplished.